Lambeth / Waterloo Bridge
The summer early morning hours
smell of fresh cut grass
and they come as hesitant
as the foxes in the garden;
how do I love walking
from home to the world’s opening.
Tavistock Square
An evonym lets itself into the world
blossomed and ready –
complete
and the world takes it instantly;
and so I watch the world noticing you
and you watch me
and there’s some uplift and quietness in this moment
that both soothe me.
Bloomsbury
A radiant cloud
settles;
all this rain
– soft & undecided –
transcends London
and moves me north
while the colours multiply.
Trafalgar Square / Westminster Bridge
There’s a whole life
that with each strike of the clock
crosses the bridge
and shares herself – so openly;
she does so
quarter after quarter
hoping
the right someone will notice.
Borough Market / London Bridge
I surrender to the controlled chaos
and people carry me
and at times I carry some stranger,
and as I let it all happen
my fingertips feel numb;
I know
it will all work out
– eventually.
Tate Modern / Millennium Bridge
Children voices
standing between the now and the future
echo
within the monstrosity of space;
their sound sucked in and out of time
as if operated by a turbine.
Clifford’s Inn
We move places
and keep rounding back
because –
maybe
– we cannot do otherwise.
June 2026







Comments
Post a Comment